Safe Digging Practises
Safe Digging Practises is a comprehensive training package covering the dangers and techniques to be employed when working in or near excavations. The course has been designed to be highly interactive with theory and practical sessions enabling a thorough knowledge / understanding of carrying out excavation activities and the associated hazards.
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding to demonstrate safe techniques when carrying excavation work including:
- Identifying different types of underground services.
- Identifying different types of backfill material found in excavations.
- Identifying the associated hazards of excavation work.
Operatives who are directly involved with carrying out excavation work or those who require an appreciation of the dangers and techniques employed whilst working in excavations.
The requirements of a system of work to be employed when working in or near excavations including:
- The Dangers from Underground Services
- Avoidance of Underground Services
- Safe Digging Practises
- Excavation Hazards
The course / training will enable delegates to:
- Understand better the dangers of working in or near excavations.
- Understand the dangers associated with working near underground services.
- Implement safe digging techniques.
- Identify types of backfill material.
Development and Delivery of bespoke training
High level of course assessment
Competence focussed training
Industry recognised standards
Industry recognised accreditation with major power and utility customer base.